Job Summary: Responsible for professional nursing care and related assistance to adolescent, young adult, middle adult, and older adult patients admitted for medical/surgical problems. Provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing and other patient care team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
- 12 open positions
- Salary: $30-$40/hour w/ Bonus (up to $5,000) + $3-4/hr shift dif 12 hour shifts (7p-7a is main need)
- 2 years minimum experience
Provides direction to LVN’s and unlicensed assistive personnel in providing patient care.
- Responsible for meeting the Standards of Practice for Medical Care Unit and managing all assigned personnel, supplies, and equipment.
- Participates in activities to plan, measure, asses and improve the quality of patient care.
- Performs assessments on patients within appropriate time frames.
- Monitors the effect of medication administration and teaching.
- Assists physician with insertion of central venous catheters or other venous access devices, as needed.
- Draws blood from venous lines.
- Uses special feeding tubes (gastronomy, jejunostomy, nasogastric).
- Does assessment and intervention for patients with wound ulcers.
- Models and reinforces behaviors consistent with goals for teaching the medical patient, communicates patient status to appropriate member of the healthcare team and provides support to the family, as needed.
- Responsible for assessment of patients with telemetry monitoring.
- Assumes the responsibility of charging the unit, as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining customer friendly atmosphere. Scanning supplies from P.O.U. area.
About Medical-surgical nursing
Got Questions? Give us a call anytime (Toll Free): 1(844)-311-2299